We had such a great time at Disney World – it was only two weeks ago, but I am already forgetting the details, and I really want to record some impressions for our next trip.
Yes, R and I were immediately talking about our next visit on our homeward bound drive (which was miserable, btw – note to future self, NEVER drive on the interstate highways on the Sunday after Thanksgiving!!).
First, where we stayed: Hapimag – Lake Berkley Resort in Orlando Florida
It was clean, well-appointed, and we got the townhouse next to the pool and the playground!! Score! At only $109/night, we were comfortable, felt like we were at home away from home, and we we able to host Thanksgiving dinner for our family! The kitchen gave us control over our meals, and we had plenty of space to feel comfortable. And, we had a lake to visit whenever we wanted, with lovely water birds, and another great playground.
Second, the parks:
- FastPasses are our friend! Use them more efficiently next time!
- we caught the Lion King show, and the Finding Nemo musical at the Animal Kingdom, but missed Flights of Wonder – on the list for next time.
- Jedi training requires early sign up – will have to head there first next time, as we lucked out on “standby”, but next time, Junet is likely to want to participate (too nervous this time).
- even the PeopleMover can be scary (especially when it goes slowly through Space Mountain, and it gets dark)
- the character dining experiences are fun!! Yes, expensive, but pretty cool!
- the ferry to the magic kingdom takes a lot longer than the monorail, and it’s windy I. The fall/winter
- get in line for the character meet/greet photo-ops at the end of their lunch break!
At the end of the day, it was a great trip, and we hope to go back. By plane, I hope, as does J.