I’ve written here before how much taking a vacation gives me fits of anxiety.
We didn’t take a proper vacation this past summer. We did spend a lovely 4 days in Florida in June joining the celebration of our niece’s graduation from high school, and then we spent another weekend at a family camp in Pennsylvania. But neither of those short trips felt like a proper vacation. I was hoping for a week at the beach, but it never quite came together.
In mid-October, I received an email from SniqueAway, which sends me daily tempting offers of deals on hotels at lovely destinations around the world.
This offer was for Orlando, FL – a 2-bedroom townhouse near Disney World – so, in two days, we will pile into the car and drive down to Florida for a week in relative sun and warmth!
And, my anxiety is rising.
- Will the drive down be exhausting?
- Will the boys sleep, and let us make good time?
- Will they enjoy Disney World?
- Will Thanksgiving go smoothly? (we’re looking forward to hosting my husband’s brother’s family and my MIL for Thanksgiving dinner)
- Will the drive home be tolerable?
- Will we be over-exhausted on our return?
- Can I afford to take a full week off work (yes, it’s not the most productive work week of the year, but still – my clinics in the weeks following are over-booked, so I know that I’ll pay a price for this time away).
So, I’m trying to remind myself to breath deeply, and lower my expectations. And, I will hope that we all have a memorable time, and will come home rested, and ready to survive the winter!!
Wish us luck!
Oh, and check out SniqueAway – follow the link, and I’ll get $25 for your referral!! You can get the same deal by telling your friends, too!